Artificial Intelligence is a part of our lives. It’s in the consciousness of every industry. And the pandemic finally gave AI its momentum. Big guns have put their trusty AI systems to assist people and the government. For instance, IBM is providing agencies and institutions with its chatbot to answer virus-related queries.
This post will discuss AI’s potential in mobile app development and how you can take advantage.
A Quick Definition of AI
The simplest definition of AI is by Demis Hassabis at Google’s DeepMind – “science of making machines smart.”
Artificial intelligence refers to the simulation of human intelligence in machines. AI is an umbrella term that covers a range of machines that learn, with the help of humans or entirely on their own.
Application of Artificial Intelligence in Mobile Apps
The growth of artificial intelligence is profoundly influencing mobile apps. The technology is empowering mobile applications by making them intelligent pieces of software that can predict customer behavior and make decisions. Let’s have a closer look at how artificial intelligence can enrich your business.
1. Personalized Experience
In recent years, brands have moved from a mass engagement approach to providing tailored experiences. That’s because customers crave personalization.
Do you know 73% of consumers prefer brands that take their personal preferences into account?
Moreover, according to McKinsey, brands that excel at personalization deliver five to eight times the marketing ROI. Their sales are 10% more than companies that don’t personalize.
For a while, assume that you own a clothing store. Most customers would love a personal stylist. But staffing for thousands of customers is going to be expensive. Instead, you introduce an AI-enabled chatbot. This chatbot helps your customers find the perfect outfit.
How does this work? The bot learns about what the customer wants, their preferences, what they can afford, etc. The collected information helps you classify and structure your customers to find an individual approach to each customer group.
This way, artificial intelligence provides your users with the most relevant content and forms an impression that your mobile app does care about them. Product or service recommendation is just one example of providing tailored experiences. With artificial intelligence, you can send highly personalized social media content or emails to customers.
Here are some more examples
- Optimize Fitness is a fitness training tool that uses AI to tailor individual workout programs.
- Migraine Buddy App adopts machine learning to predict the possibility of a headache.
- Taco Bell’s TacoBot recommends menu items based on the users’ preference.
2. Advanced Search
In the data-led world, an effective search is becoming increasingly important to provide a better user experience. Machine learning for Android/iOS app development has the power to provide an efficient search experience.
It lets you optimize search, and deliver more contextual results. This makes searching less burdensome for your customers. After learning from customers’ queries, machine learning algorithms prioritize results that matter the most to the user. Moreover, cognitive technology helps to group videos, documents, etc. into a graph to provide immediate answers.
Not just search algorithms, but you can collect user data such as search history, and typical actions. This data, along with behavioral data and search requests help your product/service rank higher.
3. Predict User Behavior
First, why is predicting user behavior important? Well, the benefits are endless. You will be able to encourage loyalty, target a specific audience, personalize experiences, and more.
Besides transforming your business processes by eliminating redundant tasks, AI facilitates you to predict customer behavior accurately. By using big data and predictive analytics to analyze behavior, you can make informed decisions.
Let’s see how AI helps in predicting user behavior:
- Predicting Trends in Customer Purchasing Behavior
Have you ever wondered what affects your customer’s buying behavior? Many things affect customer behavior, such as social circumstances, lifestyle, occupation, previous purchase experience, etc.
A product/service, no matter how good the quality is, fails if it doesn’t align with the users’ needs. AI tools mine data from past sales, social media, etc., to tell you what a customer expects. Moreover, with AI, you can predict the future demand and supply with the highest accuracy level.
- Customer Churn Prediction
If you are worried about what to do with the customers who have stopped business with your company, AI has got you covered. With machine learning algorithms, you can predict which customers will stop using your product or service. There’s more! ML even helps in identifying the root cause of customer churn.
- Devise Marketing Campaigns
With the help of AI, you can determine which mode of marketing receives the maximum engagement. This will allow you to devise your future marketing plans accordingly. AI predicts behavior by analyzing data in the form of online searches, number of views, etc.
4. Greater Security
As the mobile security threat continues to grow, businesses of every size are on their toes trying to safeguard their operations. Luckily, cybersecurity applications have achieved numerous advancements. AI and machine learning are chiefs among the game-changing developments. Here are some ways artificial intelligence and machine learning can improve the security level in your mobile app:
- Secure authentication process with face recognition and word translation.
- Voice recognition, biometrics, and digital fingerprints improve security.
- Machine learning enables you to determine access rights both for you and your customers.
- No need to constantly keep an eye on the app. Machine learning does that for you by detecting suspicious activities.
These were some major use cases of artificial intelligence for mobile apps. We can club them into three most basic ways to use AI and ML in your Android/iOS app development
- Reasoning – It’s the process of deriving logical conclusions and making predictions from available facts. Reasoning is essential in AI for machines to think rationally and solve problems like a human brain. Uber uses automated reasoning to optimize routes.
- Recommendation – Personalized recommendation is the most common use case of AI in mobile apps. For example, recommending users the right products based on past purchases and or preferences.
- Behavioral – AI helps in customers’ purchasing behavior and thus enables you to make relevant decisions.
AI Technologies to Use in a Mobile Application
- Speech Recognition Technology – Siri and Cortana decode and convert human speech into a format that a computer understands – that’s speech recognition. It’s one of the most popular AI technologies that mobile applications and interactive voice control systems use.
- Natural Language Technology – If you are dealing with customer service, you must use natural language technology. It helps create reports and market reviews.
- Text Recognition – Text recognition or Natural language processing (NLP) refers to the automatic computational processing of human languages. NLP helps computers to break down and interpret human language. It is at the core of tools like voice assistants, chatbots, translation software, etc.
- Image Recognition – The essence of image recognition is providing an algorithm that takes a raw input image and then recognizes what is on that image. In simple terms, image recognition refers to people, logos, places, and other variables in digital images.
- Machine Learning – Extremely useful for classification and forecast. Companies in healthcare, finance, transportation, food sector, manufacturing, and advertising rely heavily on machine learning.
Getting Started with Artificial Intelligence
Implementing AI is different from what you need to invest in the usual Android/iOS app development process. It calls for a different approach because the AI app development cycle includes several exploration and trial stages. This could lead to extended development time and high cost. Therefore, we suggest that you first identify the issue that you want to solve.
We are an AI/ML development company driving impactful business outcomes by building AI-powered apps. We can assist you in finding the best solution for your business. At Biztech, we follow the following procedure to build intelligent apps and systems.
Project Understanding – We understand the goals that you want to achieve with artificial intelligence. After a thorough market analysis and audience understanding, we identify the pain points and set them as a goal for AI adoption.
Tailored Approach – We firmly believe that every business requirement is unique. Therefore, there should be a different approach to development. Instead of a general AI solution, we prefer looking for tailored solutions that best suit your business.
Proof of Concept – We verify that the tailored use case is working as expected and can solve the problem at hand. After we are sure that the proof of concept is successful, we turn that into a roadmap for organization-wide rollout.
Let’s get in touch to understand your project and share an estimated cost.
All product and company names are trademarks™, registered® or copyright© trademarks of their respective holders. Use of them does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by them.