What is the first thing you can think of when I say enterprise app development?
I think of having a foolproof plan backed up by solid technology.
Since enterprise applications have different sets of requirements with much larger user bases, having a cross-platform framework is inevitable. Out of many frameworks, Flutter rules the market today. Launched in 2017, and in a short period, it became one of the leading frameworks for app development.
Flutter is the future of app development and is one of the leading solutions for developing cross-platform applications. Its open-source nature and large Flutter community maintain the framework better and provide regular updates. This has made it a go-to solution for many companies and provides users with better solutions.
The UI development kit helps develop applications for multiple platforms like macOS, Android, iOS, Linux, etc. To develop applications, it uses Dart programming language, and it is robust and object-oriented when it comes to developing apps.
According to research done by Statista, Flutter is the second most popular framework for developing cross-platform applications. Today it has more than 2 million developers and 1000+ community members. Moreover, regular events, a large community of GDEs and developers, accessible resources make it easy to learn Flutter.
Some of the unique features like Hot Reload, fast development, expressive and flexible UI, native performance, and more make it a go-to solution. Many companies like Alibaba, BMW, eBay, Square, and many Google products use Flutter.
A new version of Flutter, i.e., using Flutter 2, you can develop apps for various operating systems, cars, TVs, and even web browsers. The portability and robustness of the product are helping in developing applications for almost any and every platform. These features have made it a go-to solution for enterprise-level applications.
Here’s how Flutter can be a perfect choice for enterprise applications:
Enterprise-level applications need to have layered and interconnected architecture. Each layer has a dedicated purpose of presentation, service, business, and data access. When layers are imposed, developers need to find a way to offer the below-given things:
- Enterprise-wide collaboration amongst team members
- Coding the app on validated and documented designs
- Easy to understand and use app functionalities
Because of the layered architecture and usability, the working environment becomes better and more productive for developers. Programmers who use Flutter for mobile enterprise applications get secure networking gateways to resources hosted on the web. It even provides the following functionalities: local storage, SQLite databases, state management, dependency injection, and background processing. These things are the core of layered architecture and help to make productive flutter app development.
Developers can choose the Integrated development environment (IDE) to start with Flutter app development. Most of the common IDEs are Android Studio, IntelliJ, and Visual Studio Code. Mac, Windows, Linux, and Chrome book support these three IDEs. You can quickly develop applications, deploy devices, debug, and look at performance profiling. You can achieve all these within IDEs. Native iOS platform development and deployment requires XCode if you are using Mac.
Following are the three significant benefits of using Flutter in various IDEs:
- Flutter apps are inherently scalable because they have a Dart ecosystem. It imports Dart packages to provide the functionality of external libraries.
- You can test every Flutter widget and non UI code artifacts using any of the test frameworks provided by Flutter. Three frameworks provided are Unit Test, Widget Test, and Integration Test. This helps in maximum test coverage based on time and resources.
- Flutter uses Android and iOS tools set to deploy apps to Google Play and Apple App stores. This makes it coexist with the current enterprise mobile CI/CD setup.
To provide a better Flutter app, it is essential to know building and signing apps. You need to know to learn to debug code and learn ways to read the code on two different platforms.
When it comes to enterprise-level apps, having a better user interface and experience is the basic necessity of any app. With the help of Flutter, it becomes easier to develop enterprise apps as it has a comprehensive set of accurate renditions of both Android and iOS. Following are some of the significant benefits of developing intuitive user interfaces in Flutter:
- Animations are an easy way to begin the learning process and scale up to different levels of complexity, including Flare, a full-fledged 2D vector animation library.
- It also has Flutter Charting Library, which provides users with the data you can present as pie charts, bar graphs, and more.
- Paging/ infinite scrolling list views are common requirements for displaying more data without using a large amount of device memory.
- Image loading or caching library provides an easy way to handle multiple images if the primary image or SVG image is not proper.
These reasons make it obvious to use Flutter to have a better and intuitive user interface.
It is crucial to provide hardware permissions to your software. With Flutter app development, you can provide access to the following features:
- Biometric and Face ID authentication
- NFC – Note using Apple’s iOS platform it restricts the NFC tags
Having secured apps is the need of an hour for any application. When you are starting with app development, your security concerns are in priority. Flutter provides a perfect solution for Android as well as iOS applications. Moreover, if you start Flutter app development with our team, we have security experts who will help and guide you at each development phase.
Using Flutter for app development, you can get SSL certificates which are industry standard certificates. The SSL protocol migrates HTTP or HTTPS and encrypts end-to-end data. This also ensures and authenticates that the site is secured for users to access and will keep their data secured.
Despite being in the industry for a lesser time, Flutter is taking over the development industry. Due to its features, robustness, portability, and more, Flutter has become a go-to choice for enterprise applications. If you are confused about which framework to choose and need more guidance for Flutter app development, our team of experts can help you. We have helped many clients to start with their business and help them to overcome their technical challenges. You can reach out to us here.
All product and company names are trademarks™, registered® or copyright© trademarks of their respective holders. Use of them does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by them.