COVID-19 has reached the city Biztech operates in: Ahmedabad, Gujarat. Our workforce is quite large, so we felt it was necessary to move the company’s operation to everyone’s homes. We began the process on Friday evening. Two separate teams were created that prepared everyone’s computers and packed them so everyone could transport them easily.
As of right now, Biztech is completely remote. We have a smooth running virtual office that now operates from various cities within Gujarat as well as outside the state. Everyone is safe and practicing social distancing.
Even in the remote setup, our network team is working tirelessly to ensure that we have everything that we need to get our tasks done.
Some measures that we have taken include daily task updates within teams, maintaining regular communication, etc. We are also following our ISMS policy stringently in order to make sure that data remains safe and secure.
With all of these measures, we are working at full capacity. The only difference from before is that now we are not sitting in one office. Everything else is the same. Effectively immediately there is also a lockdown in our country for the next 21 days. Let me assure you that the lockdown enforces us to stay at home. That is, after all, a prerequisite to working from home, which is what we are doing.
Working remotely only has positive effects on our productivity. If we are working on your projects, we think of us as your partners, and as partners, we would not let anything come in the way of our projects.
If you or your company need help in this difficult time, please feel free to reach out to us. We will be more than happy to lend a hand.
If you are struggling to work from home due to any reason, here are some tips to be productive:
- Try to stick to the same timing as your office.
- Just because you are working from home, doesn’t mean you are working all your waking hours. Communicate to your team when you are available and when you are not.
- Take breaks from the time you spend in front of your computer to watch the sunset, help your kids or walk your pet.
- Don’t have a rushed meal to get back to the computer. Eat healthy meals, because those are the most important right now.
- If you are on a video call and your kids walk into the frame, it’s okay. You are a person with a life and it is a good thing for your colleagues to recognize that.
- Also spend time talking to your colleagues about non-work related things, just like you would in the office.
Efficiency in this time is not limited to getting work done, but an overall lifestyle change as you work on staying both healthy and productive.
Stay at home everyone, and stay safe. We will get through this.